SmartNet is a 24/7, accurate, reliable and robust National GNSS Network solution, based on a common datum, for the entire positioning community of Great Britain. Users of SmartNet can expect centimetre level Network RTK accuracies, through to sub-metre DGPS and raw “SmartRinex” data for post processing.
Leica SmartNet National GNSS Network Solution
SmartNet is the first commercial GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Network based on raw data from the Ordnance Survey GNSS networks in both Great Britain & Ireland. This network comprises around 150 sites, including additional sites from Leica Geosystems permanent nationally deployed GPS reference stations.
A Network RTK solution combines observation data at base-stations and at the Rover to generate RTK corrections for the Rover’s location. A user subscribes to the service by dialling in through the internet, in order to receive RTK-corrections to their Rover. These RTK corrections can be generated by more than one method; Master-Auxiliary corrections (MAX), Individualised MAX (i-MAX) and Virtual Reference Station (VRS).
The key advantages of using SmartNet are:
- No substantial purchase costs of a GNSS base station
- No time lost establishing a local reference receiver
- No security concerns at the reference station site
- SmartNet is available nationwide
- Guaranteed quality assurance and traceability
- Free of charge SmartRINEX download facility for post processing